Monday, February 27, 2006

We are All Healthy!?! (fingers crossed)

OK, so my goal this week is that everyone goes to school everyday this week and lasts the entire day. Last week Katie and Olivia seemed to take turns staying home sick. Katie, Seth and I still have a residual cough but otherwise are feeling good.

This is a busy week for me. Church meetings on Tuesday and Saturday morning. A Tastefully Simple show on Friday night and my niece Abbi's 3rd birthday party on Saturday afternoon.

I'm also a little stressed as I talked to my Mom yesterday and found out that my Dad is in the hospital. Apparently the heel on his right foot has really been bothering him. Of course, being a man, he refused to go to the doctor until it got so bad that it has now turned black. My father has been a diabetic for the last 20+ years and his not a good one. He's had laser surgery on both eyes, lost his left leg from the knee down and had a quintuple bypass because of the disease. The doctors are trying to save his right foot/leg but we will no for sure in a couple of days. So obviously this is all I can think about as I worry he's just not got the strength to go through another major surgery, recovery and learning to walk with two prosthetics. I'm hoping that thoughts of his grandchildren will keep him strong and optimistic. All prayers for him and my family would be much appreciated.

Haven't heard from Jonathon lately but am hoping to get a call this week. Seems like every 2 weeks we hear something. I'm hoping that now that he's passed the 3 week mark things are getting easier for him. Marc and I are looking forward to seeing him graduate and wondering how much he will have changed, if at all.

Well, Seth is bugging me as he's ready for lunch and wants leftover spaghetti from last night. Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Marnie said...

OOOOOH nooooo!!!! I hope your Dad is ok! We'll be praying for him and your entire family!

Happy everyone is better the risidual cough sticks around a long time but it's manageable! Gotta go find that Care Bear Movie!