Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

Will wonders never cease?? Surprisingly, I awoke to find a dozen tulips in a vase along with a card on the breakfast counter this morning. My husband can be very sneaky and romantic when he wants to be. He came home late from basketball last night and I thought nothing of it. I was actually in the kitchen when he got home and he came in empty handed. Then a few minutes later he professed that he'd left his wallet in the car. When he came in from getting that (and the presents)..he decided he'd just go right downstairs to check on the girls. Unbeknownst to me he put the flowers in the sink in the laundry room and then snuck down there this morning to get them. I had no idea. I just figured it would be like most Valentine's day when I heard the same speech about how he doesn't need Hallmark to tell him when to be romantic, he'll bring me flowers whenever he feels like it. Which apparently is only our anniversary, mother's day and my birthday (if he remembers it)...LOL

Katie and Olivia left here this morning all decked out in red with their Valentine shirt and socks they got from Grandma. Olivia can't wait until their party and refused to believe that it wouldn't be until the end of the day. She just won't be able to wait that long as that will be the funnest part of the day and she's convinced herself that the party will most likely take place right after snack this morning. She was so cute addressing her cards this weekend, she sealed every last one with a kiss, except for Josh's which was sealed with two kisses. She LIKES him and when she told him that he told her to go soak her head in the lake!!! She doesn't seem deterred though, she probably thinks she can make him like her.

OK, so I've been feeling ambitious lately....I actually cooked full course meal on Saturday and again yesterday. Plus I baked an Almond Pound Cake, sliced it and used a heart shaped cookie cutter to make hearts which I then frosted with cool whip which I had added Red Red Raspberry mix too. I have a meeting a church this morning and those will be our treats. Next time I do this instead of making the pound cake in a loaf pan I'm going to make it in a cookie sheet (with edges). This way I will be able to get more heart shapes out of it, I hope! Then after my church meeting I plan on coming home and making strawberry cupcakes (as I've recently been accused of never making cupcakes) frosting them with pink frosting and topping them off with a jelly heart on top. I plan to have them sitting on the table when the girls get home from Karate tonight. Hopefully they will be happily surprised.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!

No comments: