Thursday, March 02, 2006

How do you FAIL Gym??

That's the big question of the day. Matthew somehow managed to fail his gym class last semester, refused to get dressed and participate supposedly because he did not like the teacher. BooHoo suck it up that's a life lesson we all learn, we will not like everyone we meet or work for but you just do what you have to do and make the best of it. Needless to say Matthew is currently taking two gym classes and we got his mid-semester grades yesterday. He's passing one and failing the other. HOW DO YOU DO THAT??? I was not a big fan of gym class when I was growing up but I did managed to pass the class every semester with no problem. This is a kid who has been a member of the NJROTC for three years so we know he's not opposed to physical exercise, he also has no medical issues holding him back. We keep telling him that in order to graduate next year he has to pass P.E. He plans on joining the Navy after he graduates but again, they won't take him without a high school diploma. I have a feeling his senior year will be a long year for all of us.

The tooth fairy paid a visit to Olivia last night. She finally lost one of her top front teeth. The tooth fairy was generous and gave her a $1, partly because Mom felt guilty about lying and saying she was just going to wiggle it not pull it. However, once I got a hold of the tooth I just yanked. It didn't take much but Olivia wasn't happy about it for the first few minutes afterward. Next question....do we have the cheapest tooth fairy coming to our house?? I hear stories from my kids that their friends get anywhere from $2 to $5 a tooth. When I was a kid I got a quarter for every tooth, regardless of how I lost it. Our tooth fairy usually gives $1 for the first tooth and a quarter there after. I know times have changed but I think giving more than a $1 for a tooth is ludicrous. We have so many lost teeth to go in this house that it could break the tooth fairies bank!

I so wanted to try Dianne's suggestion (as seen on the Food Network) of putting a tube of biscuits in the deep fat fryer and then injecting it with honey when they were done. I had a tube in the fridge and we are going to deep fat fry dinner tonight. However, Seth got up and decided that's what he wanted for breakfast. He even went so far as to peel the wrapper off the tube and set it on the counter. Then he came to get me and I heard something fall in the kitchen. When I asked him what it was he said "our breakfast". Of course I couldn't imagine what kind of mess I'd find but low and behold the tube had popped open on it's own accord. So...that was breakfast/lunch for us.

Right now I'm in the process of baking Truffle Fudge Brownies and Almond Pound Cake for the Tastefully Simple show I have tomorrow night. It's smelling pretty good in here right about now.

Talked to my Mom last night. My Dad is doing OK. The doctors are very optimistic that they can save his foot. They are going to do an MRI just to be sure that the infection is not in the bone. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and keep them coming!

Wishing everyone a good day!!

1 comment:

JoannaCamilley said...

There was a kid in my class hat failed. She only brought her gym clothes to 2 classes. Also, I'm 14, and when I lost my teeth, I got between a nickel and a quarter! Cheap parents!