Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring is coming......


the birds are singing, the snow is melting and even though I'm sure we'll have some more cold days it finally feels like there's a light at the end of the tunnel!! These flowers are from a few years ago but I can't wait until it is time to start planting and purchasing flowers for this year. I didn't do much in the way of flowers last year as it seemed like we were gone a lot and they would've just died anyway.
This has been a fast week and next week will go even faster. Spring break starts at Noon on Thursday the 21st. My brother-in-law will arrive that night and work on the kitchen floor will begin bright and early on Friday morning. Friday evening I'll be at stamp camp at Marnie's with all my friends. I've assured Marc that I'd prepare a nice meal for them before I go. I'm going to be picking up Double Filet-O-Fish sandwiches for those who want them as they will probably go away after Easter.
Marc's brother will stay through Easter dinner and then head back to Michigan later that afternoon. I really don't have much planned for spring break other than all of us going to the dentist for our 6-month check up. Katie's having a birthday slumber party on the 28th and luckily I have really good friends who've agreed to take Olivia and Seth so that they can have some fun of their own and not feel left out. I'm sure it'll be a crazy night here and I think Marc is looking for a place to go as well. Maybe he can go see a movie or two.
Tonight is Winterfest at church and the children are supposed to wear green. While the adults are in bible class they will watch one of the Shrek movies and then later they are going to decorate sugar cookies. I'm sure they'll have a blast and get all sugared up in time to go home.
Hope everyone is having a good week!

No comments: