Monday, February 04, 2008

Rainy Days & Mondays....

This has got to be the craziest weather we've had in Chicago in a while. On Thursday night we got 8+ inches of snow which resulted in a Snow Day for everyone. Then yesterday we got another 1-3 inches on top of that and this morning I was out running errands in the pouring rain and I saw lightening.

Seth's room is finally done, WOHOO!! He's no longer sleeping in our room on the floor so I don't have to worry about stepping on him in the middle of the night. It also means we got our dining room back, although there are still a few items out there. Marc's old neighbor Cathy gave us a nice wooden toy box that he's going to stain and then that will go in his room. In the meantime we want to go through all his toys and throw out broken ones and put aside ones that he's too old for now. Seth is very excited to be back in his room and he loves having is own bulletin board to put things on. It is so nice when the smallest of things bring such joy to a child....and then they grow up and what I-pods, MP3 players and cell phones, LOL!

Friday I was supposed to have been the Mystery Reader for Seth's Kindergarten class but since it was a Snow Day it didn't happen. I was all ready too! Hopefully Mrs. Scott has some open dates and we can reschedule as Seth is constantly telling me to call her so I can be the Mystery Reader.

Saturday I went to a VBS workshop with Barb. It was very nice and they even fed us lunch. Afterwards we stopped at The Christian Shop in Palatine to check out one of the VBS kits. Of course the kits were in a room with all their VeggieTale products. We love VeggieTales!! And, since Seth has been talking about not having a Bible and having to wait until he's in 3rd grade (which is a lifetime away for him) to get one....I just couldn't pass up the VeggieTale Bible Storybook. It's so cute and he's so happy with it. Of course we've been reading one Bible story a night so far and we'll see how long that lasts.

Just call me Gimpy. I'm not sure what I did but I woke up in the middle of the night Friday and my right knee was hurting. It hurts to bend it which has made getting around the last few days a challenge. Luckily I can walk and when I'm up and around it's not bad but if I sit for any length of time it gets sore. I've been taking Ibuprofen to help with the pain (which luckily is not unbearable) I just wish I knew what I did. Marc says I'm showing my age, thanks dear!

Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: