Monday, February 18, 2008

Another Yucky Monday

I think this is the first winter in a long time where I've gotten fed up and am ready for it to be over!! Anytime now would be good.

Here's what went on here this weekend. The kids had no school on Friday so we slept in until 9. Marc took a half day and then came home and varnished Seth's new toy box. His friend Cathy gave it to him and it's much bigger and looks more appropriate in his newly remodeled room than the Little Tikes one. Katie spent all day at her friend Anna's house and then Anna ended up coming over here and spending the night.

Saturday the girls went with there Dad and I went with Katie's GS leader to go pick up the cookies. What a zoo!! Since I'm the cookie Mom I'm now sitting here with 74 cases of cookies waiting for people to come and pick them up. And.....lucky me, since we have the first time slot of our on-site cookie sales at Walmart I get to keep the extra 25 cases here until March 1st. I'm really hoping March 1st is a dry, somewhat warm day!! I'm thinking 35 degrees or above would be good. After we unloaded all the cookies I ran to Sam's Club and Jewel to get the things we needed. I HATE shopping on Saturdays!! Needless to say I get a call from Marc informing me that Olivia's Brownie leader called and can I pick up her cookies. YIKES!! I was able to pick them up on the way home and I quickly put those in a complete separate part of the house. Don't want to get them mixed in with Katie's troop.

Went to church on Sunday. Katie's friend Anna has been going with us every Sunday since the end of January. She was very excited as the church presented her with a Bible since she didn't have one of her own! After church Katie's two GS leaders stopped by so we could go over the cookies and make sure that Marc and I had sorted them out properly. They each took their daughter's cookies home along with one other GS who lives close by so now I'm only waiting for 5 people to come get the rest. I'm hoping they'll all be out of the house by the weekend.

Well today is President's Day so again no school for the kids. We slept in until 9 again and now Katie's in the shower and Olivia is anxiously awaiting the arrival of her best friend Emily who's going to come and play from 11 to 3. Of course they are both complaining that 4 hours is just not enough time for them to do everything they want to do. My comment to them was they'd just have to deal with it because 4 hours is way more than enough time in my book.

Next home improvement project will take place over the Easter weekend. The flooring Marc wants to put in the kitchen is on sale this week and his brother has agreed to come spend the long weekend with us and help so we're going to take advantage of that. We have hated our kitchen floor since we moved in and hopefully the new floor will look MUCH better and be easier to clean.

Well I've been a little wordy this morning so I'll close for now!! Happy President's Day!

1 comment:

Marnie said...

Good luck with your cookie pick up & sales!