Friday, March 03, 2006

Olivia was so upset yesterday after school that she wanted to talk to me in private. Of course I'm thinking the worst, that she's done something wrong or hurt someone at school. So glad I was wrong....she was upset because her friend Emily told her teacher that she'd lost a tooth and essentially stole her thunder! Whew, I can handle this one. I tell her that it wasn't a very nice thing to do but that Emily was just excited for her and probably didn't realize that what she did hurt her feelings. Hug and a kiss from Mom and everything is back to normal (whatever that is!).

It was back to the dentist for Seth and Matthew. Seth sat still and did really well while the got rid of the areas of decay and put on a sealant. He keeps telling everyone that they painted his teeth. He was so good that he received a sticker chart to keep track of his brushing habits for the next month. He promptly came home and brushed his teeth and put on the first sticker. If only this concept worked for the teenagers in this house, LOL!

Suzanne and Matthew go with their Mom this weekend and my girls are going with their Dad Saturday at 5 and not returning until Sunday afternoon. Just the thought of the entire Saturday evening and Sunday during the day with just Seth is soooo relaxing to me. Suzanne was scheduled to fold the church bulletins this weekend but now I'll have to do them (or talk Katie into it). I told Suzanne I'll be signing up to do the bulletins again and then she will have to do them for me to make up for it. She needs the service hours for confirmation class. She'll find out this Sunday if she passed her confirmation test, fingers crossed. If she does pass then it means throwing a party on April 22 and confirmation on the 23rd. Marc's parents will be back in Illinois by then so I'm sure they'll be here to help us celebrate. The party will also motivate (hopefully) Marc to step it up a notch and get going on the living room which is still in total disarray.

Well I better get busy. Have a Great Day everyone!!

1 comment:

Marnie said...

This reminds me as I catch up on your blog. How is Leland doing? I assume better since they'll be coming back next month and he'll be able to travel but with everything else I haven't remembered to ask. Sorry!