Saturday, May 05, 2007

I must be doing something Right!

I've spent the last two days working on my scrap area in the basement. It's not done yet but it's getting there! I managed to make my 10 cards for the swap I'm in and I also got caught up with putting the kids birthday cards and school papers in their scrapbooks.

Last night I had to run to Walmart to get some organization things for my scrap area. I decided to pick Kate up from Girl Scouts and head over there. She just happened to have her $25 of birthday money that she got from Grandpa & Grandma Swanson. Well when we got there I told the areas that I would be in so she could find me when she was done looking around. I told her I wanted her to spend her money on clothes or things she needed and absolutely no candy, food or pop. Well after I had gotten everything I needed she still hadn't found me so I went looking for her. My first stop was the jewelry area and there she was at the counter. I was immediately told to go away....so I did. Then when we were standing in the checkout line she was looking at the Mother's Day cards and told me she was going to get one for Grandma and was it OK. Of course I said it was. Well anyway we get home and she hands me the card and a jewelry box. She bought me a beautiful Mom pendant and the card made me cry! I'm so proud of her that she spent her own money to buy me a special gift. Needless to say Olivia felt bad so when she went with her Dad today they went to a garage sale and she got me a bracelet that says HOPE and a stuffed duck which is now on my scrap desk. Seth brought me home a potted petunia plant from pre-school on Friday. It was a clay pot that they sponge painted and then decorated with ribbon around the top....and they got to put in the dirt and everything. So needless to say I'm a very lucky Mom to get all these presents a week early!!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

What sweet children you have...and what wonderful presents they gave you for Mother's Day...of course...you're a great Mom...you deserve them!

Did you get all of your organizational stuff for your scrap area?